Home-made Chicken Shish Kebabs
Recipe type: Main Courses
Tastier and more colourful than the kebab shop ones by a distance, yet so quick and easy to make you could (probably) make them when you get back from the pub. You'll need large wooden skewers, soaked beforehand to stop them catching light under the grill.
- 500 chicken breast, diced
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Mushrooms (optional) Same principle as the onions and peppers
- ½ a large bottle of East Coast Chilli Company Habanero and Lime sauce (Essence)
- Pitta bread
- Sliced lettuce and tomatoes
- Place the diced chicken into a large bowl and pour over the East Coast Chilli Company Habanero & Lime sauce (Essence). Mix together and leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
- With the exception of the serving ingredients, alternately place all ingredients onto the skewers (eg, one piece of pepper, one piece of onion, one piece of chicken, etc).
- Place under a pre-heated grill, turning occasionally until the chicken is cooked through.
- When nearly finished, put the pitta breads into the toaster until crisp but not brittle (about 4 minutes)
- Remove the skewers from the grill and the ingredients from the skewers (you may find it easier to do the latter with a fork than your fingers), place into the cut pitta bread pockets and serve with the salad.
- Add more sauce if required.