Spicy and Smoky Spaghetti Bolognaise
Recipe type: Main Courses
A friend of mine told me that her two young daughters wouldn’t eat spaghetti bolognaise until they tried this. I can think of no better endorsement!
- 500g minced beef
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced or chopped
- 1 440g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 tbs East Coast Chilli Company Chipotle Ketchup (Desire)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsn freshly ground black pepper
- 1tbs olive oil
- 200g spaghetti
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add fry the onions and garlic until soft (about 4 minutes)
- Add the mince, stirring until brown throughout. Drain.
- Place pan back on the heat and add the chopped tomatoes, stock cube, oregano, salt and pepper
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- After 10 minutes, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the spaghetti. This should only take about
- minutes to cook al dente
- Once the spaghetti is simmering away, add the East Coast Chilli Company Chipotle Ketchup (Desire)
- When cooked, drain the spaghetti, place in bowl and grind over some more black pepper, then pour over the chipotle bolognaise sauce. Add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese if you wish.