Baked Cod (or Salmon) parcels with Habanero and Lime, Roasted Vegetables and Spinach
Recipe type: Main Courses
Although used on its own this is one of our hottest sauces, cooking helps dissipate the heat somewhat whilst the fresh, citrusy, zesty flavours of the Habanero and Lime sauce really compliments the thick flaky fish. I’ve used Frylight olive oil here for the vegetables as it only contains 1 calorie per spray.
- 2 cod or salmon fillets, the chunkier the better
- 1 bag of spinach
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1cm- thick rounds
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm-thick chips
- 2-3tbs East Coast Chilli Company Habanero and Lime sauce (Essence)
- Frylight olive oil
- First, pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees celsius
- Prepare the vegetables
- Squirt a few sprays of Frylight olive oil onto a roasting tray and add the carrots, adding a few more sprays of the oil on top to help crisp them up. Roast on the top shelf of the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, repeat the process for the sweet potatoes, adding them to the same roasting tray with the carrots. Continue roasting for another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the fish onto a piece of tin foil that will be large enough to wrap the fish in a parcel.
- Pour over the East Coast Chilli Company Habanero & Lime sauce (Essence) then wrap the fish and place on a baking tray in the middle shelf of the oven. Leave for a further 15-20 minutes.
- With 10 minutes to go, wash the spinach and lightly steam over a pan of boiling water. Allow to drain.
- Serve the fish and the juices in the parcel on a bed of the spinach and serve with the vegetables on the side.