Simple Summer Salad with Habanero and Lime Salad Dressing
So simple, so effective, so tasty. I cut the cucumber into chunks so that it gives more texture and bite. You might even get your men-folk to eat salad at a BBQ if you try this... Plus 4 tips you might not have known about how to dress a salad.
- Green salad leaves, washed and dried (whatever you have handy). Try using a few dandelion leaves to add a slightly bitter element to the dish that works really well with the sweet cherry tomatoes.
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Cucumber, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 parts Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for the salad dressing)
- 1 part East Coast Chilli Company Habanero & Lime sauce (Essence)
- Mix the salad dressing together in cup or small bowl
- Coat the inside of a salad bowl with the dressing, add the salad ingredients just before serving and gently mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Note 1: always dress the salad at the last minute. The vinegar in the sauce can burn the leaves.
- Note 2: to ensure an even coating with no bruised leaves, always dry the salad leaves first as water will repel the dressing.
- Note 3: to ensure an even coating, dress the bowl first then add the salad leaves and swirl around.
- Note 4: never use iceberg lettuce, it’s boring and tasteless.