Chancey Chicken Kebab, by Karen Dempster
Delicious home-made chicken kebabs with a garlic and yoghurt sauce.
- For the kebabs:
- 4 free-range chicken breasts
- 4 pitta breads
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon East Coast Chilli Company Thai-style chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean seasoning
- 1 tsp piri piri flakes
- For the sauce:
- 200g fat free natural fromage frais
- 1 tablespoon East Coast Chilli Company garlic & habanero sauce (Chance) - or as much as you like...
- Cut chicken into cubes.
- Mix together in a bowl all other kebab ingredients with the chicken cubes and marinate all day in the fridge
- Soak some wooden skewers for half an hour to prevent them catching light under the grill and then skewer the marinated chicken cubes
- Grill under a moderate heat for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by mixing the two sauce ingredients together in a bowl
- Toast the pitta breads and slice open when cooled slightly
- Add the cooked chicken, pour over the sauce and serve with a side salad of your choice.