Sweet Chilli Salmon with Rice
Recipe type: Main Courses
Another really quick but tasty recipe. I’ve used brown rice here because I feel it adds more texture to the finished dish but you could use white rice or noodles if you prefer. Adjust the cooking times appropriately though.
- 2 salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tbs East Coast Chilli Company Chilli Dipping sauce (Habit)
- Brown rice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the rice and simmer until cooked (about 20 minutes) In the meantime, heat a frying pan until medium hot and season the salmon fillets with the salt and pepper
- Brush the skin side of the fillet with the oil and place in the pan. Cook until the skin becomes crispy but not burnt (about 5 minutes). Do not try to turn or move the salmon whilst this is happening.
- In the meantime, pre-heat the oven to about 190 degrees Celcius
- Once the skin in crispy, remove the pan from the heat and place in the oven to continue cooking right the way through.
- Just before you drain the rice, remove the salmon from the oven and pour over the East Coast Chilli Company Chilli Dipping squce. Place back into the oven whilst the rice drains and you dish it up (about 2 minutes).
- Remove the salmon from the oven and place on the bed of rice.
- (You may wish to serve the rice with some more East Coast Chilli Company Chilli Dipping Sauce prior to topping with the salmon.)