Recipe type: Starters
Everyone loves a bit of hot sauce on their eggs in the morning, but this recipe makes the concept just that bit more sophisticated. Great party food!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3tbs mayonnaise
- 1tbs Dijon mustard
- 1tbs East Coast Chilli Company Garlic and Habanero Sauce (Chance)
- 1tbs grated or finely chopped onion
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 spring onion (use the green tops for this, not the white bulb section)
- To cook the eggs, place them into pan of cold water. Bring to a rolling boil and remove the pan from the heat. Set aside for 10-12 minutes and then remove the eggs from the water and allow to cool.
- Hard-boiling eggs may sound easy but this method prevents any shell breakages and should result in a reasonably “soft” hard-boiled egg with none of that unappetising grey surround to the yolk.
- Once cooled, peel the eggs and cut in half lengthways.
- Scoop out the yolk and mix in a bowl together with the mayonnaise, mustard, onion and East Coast Chilli Company Garlic and Habanero sauce (Chance).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture back into the egg so that it piles up.
- Top with a few more drops of East Coast Chilli Company Garlic and Habanero Sauce (Chance) and then balance a couple of slices of spring onion on top of that.